Healthy Honey Lemon Bars-A delicious oat-based crust topped with a creamy,citrus-y custard-type fill
Recipe from Oatmeal with a Fork
1 1/4 c. oat flour
1 T. coconut sugar
1/4 t. sea salt
2 T. olive or coconut oil melted, if using coconut oil
4-5 T. cold water
1 T. lemon zest
6 T. lemon juice
5 T. honey
pinch sea salt
1/2 c. oat flour
scant 1/4 t. powdered stevia extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
1. Whisk together the flour, coconut sugar, and salt.
2. Stir the oil into the dry mix (it should look ‘pebbly’).
3. Mix in enough water to make a non-sticky dough.
4. In a WELL-OILED 8 x 8 baking dish, press the dough into the bottom of the dish (I like to break up the dough into smaller pieces and scatter them around the dish and then press them down).
5. Bake the base for 12 minutes.
6. Cool while you make the filling.
1. Beat the eggs with the rest of the ingredients until a smooth batter is formed (it will be very runny, but don't fret!).
2. Pour the batter atop the cooled crust.
3. Bake for 16-20 minutes.
4. Cool completely, cut, and serve!
Nutrition facts are based on using olive oil. WW Points: 5
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 17.5g | Protein: 3.7g | Fat: 4.7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.7g | Sodium: 82mg | Fiber: 1.4g | Sugar: 8.5g